Directly from Essen: 5 new games have arrived.
The Essen board game show is over. Time to check what the hot games of the show are.
The German board game magazine Fairplay is handing out surveys at the show where visitors can hand out school grades (German system: 1 is very good, 6 is crap) to each game they have played during the show. At the end of the show Fairplay publishes a list of all games that have received at least 40 grades and have an average of <2.5. The list is usually more Eurogame oriented. But now the results – the Top 10 of the Fairplay list are:
- AquaSphere 1.87
- Orleans (dlp games) 1.93
- ZhanGuo (What’s Your Game) 1.96
- Alchemists (CGE) 1.98
- Deus (Pearl Games) 2.02
- Murano (Lookout Games) 2.16
- Die Staufer (HiG) 2.17
- Patchwork (Lookout Games) 2.24
- Beasty Bar (Zoch) 2.39
- Abyss (Bombyx) 2.44
BGG’s answer to the Fairplay list. Usually more international and bigger variety of games. The Top 10 are:
- Five Tribes
- Imperial Settlers
- Castles of Mad King Ludwig
- Colt Express
- Essen The Game: Spiel’13
- Age of Soccer
The games of both lists should be all available between now and and Christmas. If a game is not listed on our website and you are interested, please contact us and we will do our best to help you get the game as soon as possible.
For next Wednesday we are expecting five new releases:
- Choson – a new card game from Monster Games
- Sentinels Tactics – the new game from Greater Than Games including the first expansion and the miniatures)
- Machi Koro – the city building dice/card game
- King of New York – the King of Tokyo comes to NY
By using Collect+ as our courier service in addition to sending a parcel to your home or work address we can also send parcels to one of the over 5,500 Collect+ shops across the UK.
How does this work?
- You can find the closest Collect+ shop on www.collectplus.co.uk. Just enter your postcode at the top of the website (“Find your store”). They will show you all available shops close to your address.
- Enter the shop address as your delivery address during the checkout process.
- Choose the normal shipping service during the checkout, there are no additional costs for “Click & Collect”. We will ship the parcel to the shop, which should take 1-2 days.
- As soon as it’s arrive you will receive an email from Collect+.
- Print out the email, take it to the shop and you can collect your parcel during the normal shop opening times.
It is really simple and so far it work’s really well.
More and more new releases are arriving. Today we have received two Essen releases from Matagot:
- Cylades: Titans (the second, big expansion for Cyclades)
- Sun Tzu (a deluxe edition of the 2012 release with really nice components)
Yesterday at a press conference at Spiel 2014 Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro have announced Magic: The Gathering Strategy Board Game. They have also distributed a few photos of the game. And the photos made us really excited because it looks like the game uses the Heroscape landscape tiles to form the board. There aren’t too many details out there at the moment, but here are two links with everything that is known.
Good news: for tomorrow we finally are expecting the restock of Splendor and Five Tribes.
Yesterday we had our bi-weekly Gaming Night in Exeter. The first game we played was Dead of Winter. It was close in the end, but we lost the game (even the Traitor, he couldn’t manage to complete his last secret objective). But still anybody liked the game and we will definitely play it again.
The second game was Bang – The Dice Game. Really fast to play and good fun to end the evening.
And we started planning our big “After Essen Gaming Day”. The date is the 22nd of November here in Crediton. We don’t know the exact location yet, but we are working on it.
Today is setup day at the Essen board game show. But the Boardgamegeek crew has already started the live coverage and is showing live demos of new games.
The highlights so far have been:
- Castles of Mad King Ludwig
- Progress: Evolution of Technology
If you have missed any of the demos from tomorrow they should be available on BGG.com.
Link: Live Coverage Day 1