The jury for the Spiel des Jahres awards has announced this year’s nominations.
For the Spiel des Jahres, the main award, these are:
- My City (Reiner Knizia/KOSMOS)
- Nova Luna (Uwe Rosenberg and Corné van Moorsel/Edition Spielwiese)
- Pictures (Daniela and Christian Stöhr/PD-Verlag)
The second award is the Expert Game of the Year for the more complex games. Here the nominees are:
- Cartographers (Jordy Adan / Thunderworks Games & Pegasus Spiele)
- The Crew (Thomas Sing / KOSMOS)
- The King’s Dilemma (Hjalmar Hach and Lorenzo Silva / Horrible Guild & HeidelBÄR Games)
All six games on the nomination list are usually in high demand the moment the nominees get announced. This year is no different: our remaining stock of Nova Luna sold out within one hour of the announcement. We have it on backorder at Pegasus but with no confirmed date yet. MyCity is so far only available as a German edition which is because of the Legacy element of the game of no use for us. The English edition will become available in July and pre-orders are still open. And Pictures is sold out at all distributors, with one showing the game as incoming, so hopefully, there will be some stock available soon.
For Cartographers we are expecting a small delivery tomorrow. The Crew has arrived today, but our stock has sold out to pre-orders with more stock expected for the end of the week. And The King’s Dilemma hasn’t been widely available in the UK for some time now. The initial delivery sold out quite fast and so far we haven’t received any restock.