Two new surprise arrivals: Carpe Diem, the new tile laying game designed by Stefan Feld, and Great Western Trail: Rails to the North (German Edition), the first expansion for Great Western Trail.
Thanks to the bank holiday a day later than usual, but the new releases and some restocks are in.
Newly available are:
- Dokmus: Return of Erefel
- Dragonfire: Adventures – Sea of Swords
- History of the World
- Magic Maze Kids
- Okavango (new game from Michael Kiesling & Wolfgang Kramer)
- Outpost: Amazon
- Raiders Of The Deep: U-Boats Of The Great War, 1914-18 (based on The Hunters)
- Rising Sun: Paint Set (everything you need to paint those amazing minis)
- Roll Player: Monsters & Minions
- The X-Files: Conspiracy Theory – Everything is Connected
But this is not all, we also received those restocks:
In the run up to the UK Games Expo May was a quieter month. But we still had a few interesting games to sell and we also added new pre-orders. Here are the Top 5 of May:
Top 5 Pre-Order
1. Caverna – Cave vs. Cave
2. Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island (Reprint)
4. Dark Souls: The Board Game
5. Cthulhu Wars
Top 5 Sales:
1. Magic Maze
3. In the Year of the Dragon: 10th Anniversary
5. Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary
For this week we are expecting another very successful pre-order title: Unfair from CoolMiniOrNot will get released on Friday.
Other new games coming in this week are:
In restocks we are expecting A Feast for Odin, Clank! (both in small numbers, more hopefully shortly before the UK Games Expo) and In the Year of the Dragon Anniv. Edition (sold out to pre-orders, but more coming for the UK Games Expo).
As always at the beginning of the month, we are looking back to the last month to see what the bestsellers have been.
Here are the Top 5 of April (Sales):
Capital was a surprise in April and despite an ugly graphic design the gameplay was a big success with our customers and we received a lot of great feedback. Yamatai is a success like all the big box releases from Days of Wonder, but this one is especially interesting for fans of Five Tribes. Clank! Sunken Treasures is the first expansion for Clank and after the success of the base game a Top 5 spot for the expansion was to be expected. Rounding up the Top 5 is Barenpark, the newest game of Cacao designer Phil Walker-Harding.
And the Top 5 Pre-Orders:
The two player version of Caverna took the top spot in the pre-order Top 5 easily. Charterstone and Terraforming Mars: Hellas & Elysium kept their Top 5 spots from last month and are still going strong. After the disappointment with the cancelled retail release of Gloomhaven 1st edition a lot of customers jumped on the chance to secure a copy of the reprint. And the Anniversary edition of In the Year of the Dragon is a game quite a few of our customers have been waiting for.
The new releases for next week have been confirmed and there should be something for everybody:
- Star Wars: Destiny – Spirit of Rebellion Booster Pack – 4th May
- Saltlands + Saltlands: Lost In The Desert Expansion – 2nd May
- Of Dreams & Shadows – 3rd May
- Zpocalypse 2: Defend the Burbs – 3rd May
- Room 25: Escape Room – 3rd May
- In the Year of the Dragon: 10th Anniversary – 5th May
- Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary – 5th May
We are quite busy this week with a lot of new games arriving at the same time. Here a short update what has happened today and yesterday and what we are expecting for the rest of the week:
Yesterday Great Western Trail finally arrived. All pre-orders have been shipped today. The next delivery of the game should arrive in a few weeks, we will post an update as soon as we have a confirmed delivery date.
Great Western Trail wasn’t the only game to arrive, we have also received:
- Grand Prix (Thunder Alley goes Formula One)
- Microworld (German Edition)
- Dark Dealings
- HMS Dolores
- Las Vegas Card Game (also an expansion for the dice game)
- First Class (new Hans im Glueck game / German editon, English rules translation available on BGG)
But this is not all, we have also a few of those bad boys in stock:
What are we expecting for the rest of the week:
- on Wednesday the long awaited restock of Scythe will arrive. Already sold out, the next batch should come in at the end of November.
- Thursday is the release day of Game of Thrones: The Iron Throne and Vikings on Board
- for Friday we are expecting Ein Fest fuer Odin from Germany.
- next Monday is the release day for the Love Letter Premium Edition.
We have received another delivery from Germany and two new games have arrived:
Dynasties: Heirate & Herrsche (German edition, but English rules are available on BGG):
Renaissance Europe is coming together, and people have realized that even the most powerful dynasties can achieve more together, so members of those dynasties are marrying, trading and sharing with one another — but who will end with the biggest piece of the pie?
In Dynasties, players must make many compromises, whether acting on their own or reacting to the behavior of their fellow players. In addition to these tactical and strategic decisions, luck also plays something of a role as not every marriage brings the windfall expected. Perhaps then another marriage will bring more success and influence?
The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game (English edition):
The Hundred Years’ War is over and the Renaissance is looming. Conditions are perfect for the princes of the Loire Valley to propel their estates to prosperity and prominence. Through strategic trading and building, clever planning, and careful thought in The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game, players add settlements and castles, practice trade along the river, exploit silver mines, farm livestock and more.