Today is the release day of three new games/expansions from Cool Mini Or Not:
Zombicide: Green Horde, the sequel to Zombicide: Black Plague, is in stock.
Zombicide: Green Horde is the standalone sequel to Zombicide: Black Plague. Set in the same medieval era, players will take on the role of Survivors looking to defeat the shuffling, undead menace by any means possible.
In Green Horde, up to six players can join the battle for survival. They’ll combine forces and work cooperatively to accomplish their goals, and against all odds, stay alive. Fans of the Zombicide series have become familiar with the Walkers, Runners, Fatties, and Abominations that shuffle around, looking for victims. But the creatures they will face are not just zombie humans, they’re zombie orcs! The Survivors will have to gear up with a wide variety of medieval equipment if they hope to outlast these fearsome foes. Zombie Orcs are stronger than the classic zombie and represent a stiffer challenge to even seasoned undead-hunting veterans.
This week’s new releases have been confirmed.
Later in the week, we will get:
Today is release day for two new releases of Cool Mini or Not:
- Bloodborne: The Card Game – The Hunter’s Nightmare is the first expansion for Eric M. Lang’s Bloodborne Card Game.
- SMOG: Rise of Moloch is a Victorian adventure board game set in an alternate England, where magic and technology co-exist.
The same procedure as every week: this week’s new releases have been confirmed and are now (partly) online and ready to get ordered.
- Abyss: Leviathan
- Bloodborne: The Card Game – The Hunter’s Nightmare
- Mansions of Madness: Second Edition – Sanctum of Twilight
- Port Royal: The Adventure begins
- Rising 5: Runes of Asteros
- SMOG: Rise of Moloch
- The Legend of the Cherry Tree
Also coming this week, but not online yet are Mystic Vale: Conclave, Legendary Creatures, Sunset Over Water and the reprints of the Memoir’ 44 expansions Winter Wars and Eastern Front. They should go online late afternoon/early evening.
Last week we have posted two Youtube channels bringing you weekly board game news shows. But they can’t cover everything, so here is a quick round-up of some news not covered by the two shows:
- Shut Up & Sit Down has posted their review of Rising Sun and in my opinion, they again have hit the nail on the head – LINK
- Gamelyn Games have announced the retail release dates for their next two games: Tiny Epic Defenders 2E in August and Tiny Epic Zombies at Halloween – LINK
- Area Games has announced Battlestar Galactica – Starship Battles, a new miniatures games from the designers of Wings of War. No indication yet, when this will get released, but there will be a preview available at this year’s GenCon and I would assume at Essen as well – LINK
- Phalanx is planning to bring back Ankh-Morpork a new, non-Discworld title called Nanty Narking – LINK
- Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles, the first expansion for the smash hit Gloomhaven, will be released at Essen this year (late October) – LINK
The Zombicide game series has been a big hit so far for Cool Mini or Not. With Zombicide: Black Plague and Green Horde CMON took the series back in time to a medieval world (and added a lot of fantasy with the Orcs and Goblins in Green Horde).
The newly announced Zombicide Invaders takes a time travel to the future:
Humans set off into the stars in search of high-powered fuel and found it in the remote corner of the universe on the small planet PK-L7. Their discovery of Xenium — a dark, oily compound deep below the planet’s surface — was everything they hoped for. But they found something else, too. The Xenos attack was brutal and unrelenting. While the scientists and soldiers have held them off the best they could, the Xenos are still coming…
Zombicide: Invader is a cooperative game in which 1-6 players face Xenos, an unfathomable swarm of infected Xenos controlled by the game itself. Each player takes on the role of one to six survivors in a sci-fi setting being overwhelmed by these Xenos. The goal is simple: Choose a mission, complete its objectives, kill as many Xenos as possible, and (most importantly) survive!
The game will start as a Kickstarter project on the 10th April and if it follows the timeline of the last CMON KS projects should be available early 2019.
Link: BGG News
This week was very busy at Meeples’ Corner HQ: We have received a total of 15 new games.
- Aeon’s End – War Eternal
- The Expanse
- Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition (not on the photo)
- Raiders of the North Sea
- Dream Home: 156 Sunny Street
- Cutthroat Kingdoms
- Shadowrun: Zero Day
- Meeple War
- Valeria: Card Kingdoms – Flames & Frost
- London: Second Edition (not on the photo)
- Rhino Hero – Super Battle
Pre-orders of the new games and restocks have all been shipped now and should arrive shortly.
The new releases for this week have been confirmed and are now online and available to order.
On Tuesday/Wednesday the following games are arriving
- Cat Lady
- Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave
- Enemy Coast Ahead: The Doolittle Raid
Thursday’s releases are:
- Sheriff of Nottingham: Merry Men
- Star Wars Imperial Assault: Heart of the Empire
- Dead of Winter: Warring Colonies
And finally on Friday, we will get our hands on:
- D&D Tomb of Annihilation Board Game
- Dojo Kun
- Potion Explosion: The Fifth Ingredient
As always you can find all the new releases (and more pre-orders for the rest of the month) here.