Here are some of the board game news of the last few days:
- Isle of Skye will get an expansion: Journeyman adds new personal player boards to track progress in strength, prosperity, and popularity. (Source: ICv2)
- Wizkids keeps on growing their board and card game line and has announced Time Barrons : “In Time Barons, 2-4 players take on the roles as the time barons, shadowy figures who have shaped mankind’s destiny since the dawn of time. The world’s entire population are simply pawns in their quest to defeat the other barons and become the ruler of a unified human race.” (Source: Wizkids)
- FFG has posted the rulebook for the upcoming Star Wars: Rebellion expansion Rise of the Empire (Link: FFG)
- Renegade Games has announced Clank: In Space!, a new Stand-Alone game using the game system of the highly popular Clank. (Source: Renegade Games)
Days after FFG announced Fallout: The Board Game they have dropped another bombshell: FFG will release the 4th edition of Twilight Imperium at the end of 2017.
For twenty years, the custom space operas created by Twilight Imperium have thrilled gamers like nothing else. Now, Twilight Imperium Fourth Edition builds on the grand space opera found in previous editions while streamlining rules and putting player interaction center stage.
Twilight Imperium Fourth Edition aims to be the most complete version of the game ever printed. Seventeen playable races are included in the game, offering a wide variety of starting faction options. Twilight Imperium Fourth Edition brings a galactic space opera to your table, and no two games will ever be the same.
Link: FFG announcement
A quick update what is happening on the shop website at the moment:
Two days ago FFG announced Fallout – The Board Game. Today the pre-order went online. Price for the game is £48.95 and expected release date is November/December.
Another new pre-order on the website is Photosynthesis, the new game from Blue Orange Games (Kingdomino). The European release will be at Essen 2017, so the game should be available at the end of October.
And finally good news for Arena: For the Gods. The new game from Iello is on its way to us and should be available from Monday.
Yesterday FFG has announced Fallout: The Board Game:
Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce Fallout, a post-nuclear adventure board game based on Bethesda’s blockbuster video game series. In Fallout, one to four players take on a role within an irradiated landscape inspired by those in Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and their downloadable content expansions. With just a few locations pinpointed on their map, the players choose whether to work together or individually to explore these mysterious regions that lay before them. Along the way, each player will face a wealth of choices, deciding whether to pursue experience or Caps, collect loot or loyal companions, and progress the main questline or veer off to the vaults. As the players move around the board, building their skills and filling their inventory, the area’s warring factions will gain power, forcing the players to pledge loyalty or defy conformity, all in pursuit of gaining the most influence of anyone else in the wasteland.
The game is expected to be available at the end of 2017.
Link: FFG announcement
It’s the summer holidays, but it looks like nobody has told this to the board game publishers. They keep on releasing game after game, which means that this week we are expecting fourteen new games/expansions:
Most of these will be available on Wednesday, but some (Ticket to Ride, Runebound Expansion, Modern Art) will get released at the end of the week.
What do you do if you own two of the hottest board game licences? You combine them. That is exactly what Asmodee (owner of Catan Studios and of FFG, who own the Game of Throne licence ) is doing: FFG has just announced the release of A Game of Thrones: Catan – Brotherhood of the Watch.
Fantasy Flight Games is excited to announce A Game of Thrones Catan: Brotherhood of the Watch, a standalone game of resource gathering and trading based on the classic Settlers of Catan. The battle to defend the Realms of Man begins in this new strategic game grounded in the engrossing world of George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series and adapted for Catan by Klaus and Benjamin Teuber.
We have to wait a bit for it, because the game won’t get released before Q4 of 2017, but is available to pre-order now.
Link: FFG announcement
Here is a quick round-up of the most interesting news of the last few days:
- Asmodee has posted more details about the upcoming Splendor expansion Cities of Splendor (LINK)
- FFG has announced Whitehall Mystery, a new stand-alone game in the Letters from Whitechapel series (LINK)
- UK Games Expo has published the attendance numbers for 2017 (LINK)
- Z-Man Games has relaunched their website and posted a few more details about Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 (LINK)
- Wizards of the Coasts have announced Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate (LINK)
We have talked to Esdevium (part of the Asmodee group) about what will they will bring to the UK Games Expo this year.
The following games/expansions have been confirmed as available for demos (not sure about sales, hopefully we will know more about this before the show):
- Star Wars Rebellion: Rise of the Empire Expansion
- Oh Captain!
- Ticket to Ride Germany
- Quadropolis: Public Services
- Unfair (presented by Esdevium as distributor)
- Century: Spice Road (presented by Esdevium as distributor)
These are the newest titles from a long list of games. It definitely looks like Asmodee/FFG/Days of Wonder will have a big presence at the Expo this year.
The new releases for next week have been confirmed and there should be something for everybody:
Two very interesting card games have been announced:
Catalyst Game Labs is releasing a deck building card game based on the computer game Master of Orion. Master of Orion: Conquest is expected to be released this summer. The base set is a two player game, but Catalyst Game Labs is already planning an expansion to bring the player number up to four.
FFG has announced the release of the Legend of the Five Rings LCG:
Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce the upcoming release of the Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game Core Set. Originally released in 1995 as a collectible card game, Legend of the Five Rings has since thrived with its unique setting, engaging gameplay, and enthusiastic player base. Now players new and old alike can experience Rokugan like never before in the Living Card Game format.
The release is planned for late 2017.