Another Friday, another update what game we are expecting next week. Confirmed arrivals are:
- Through the Desert (Thursday)
- A Game of Thrones: Catan – Brotherhood of the Watch (Thursday)
- Sub Terra (Wednesday)
- Nations: The Dice Game – Unrest (Monday/Tuesday)
- Clans of Caledonia
- Transatlantic (Wednesday/Thursday)
- Concordia: Aegyptus / Creta (Wednesday/Thursday)
- Rob n Run (Wednesday/Thursday)
- Arkham Noir
Not 100% confirmed yet is Queendomino, hopefully, we will hear more from the UK distributor (also about Photosynthesis) on Monday.
And there are also a few restocks coming in: Istanbul – The Dice Game, Merlin, Azul and all the Exit games.
Three new Exit games from Kosmos have been released today:
Kosmos UK has confirmed that the English editions of the three new Exit games will be available soon in the UK (if everything goes as planned they should arrive next week, but you never know).
The new games are:
Two new games have arrived today:
I would like to give you a short overview what to expect this week:
- Aeon’s End (2nd Edition with new artwork and card layout / including both expansions): already in stock
- Pirate 21: already in stock
- Zombie Slam: already in stock
This is not all, later this week we are expecting:
And two restocks are expected for this week: Later today the long-awaited reprint of Glass Road will arrive and on Friday we are expecting more stock of the Isle of Skye expansion Journeyman.
We have received some interesting restocks yesterday and today.
Back in stock are:
And we also have the two winners of the Spiel des Jahres awards back in stock: Kingdomino and the three Exit games.
The winners of the Spiel des Jahres awards have been announced today.
Winner of the Spiel des Jahres (more family oriented) award is: Kingdomino
In Kingdomino, you are a Lord seeking new lands in which to expand your kingdom. You must explore all the lands, wheat fields, lakes, and mountains in order to spot the best plots. But be careful as some other Lords also covet these lands…
The game has been designed by Bruno Cathala and published by Blue Orange Game/Pegasus.
Winner of the Kennerspiel des Jahres (more gamer oriented) award is: Exit – The Game designed by Inka and Markus Brand and published by Kosmos.
Link: Tabletopgaming – News
Holmes – Sherlock gegen Moriarty (Kosmos) is the new edition of the two player game Holmes: Sherlock & Mycroft (designed by Diego Ibanez and published by Devir). The game is in stock, but because it is the German edition of the game, we have received a few questions if the game is playable without speaking German.
A crime has happened! But the evidence is scarce and Scotland Yard is in the dark. Only one can solve the case: Sherlock Holmes. However, in the background, Professor Moriarty pulls the strings and tries to cover tracks and dispose evidence. Thus a duel between the two most brilliant heads of London breaks out. Who will be successful in the end – Holmes or Moriarty?
For the new edition Kosmos has made five changes (listed by Pedro Soto on the BGG forums):
- Changed the “background” (Mycroft is changed to Moriarty)
- The “villain cards” are now “Mycroft cards” with the same effect
- The action of Shinwell’s “Porky” “Jonhson is changed
- The action of Violet Hunter is changed
- The game have a new character (a gipsy fortuneteller).
The cards have no text on them, so with the English rules for the first edition and the description of the changes the game is perfectly playable.
Here are the explanations of the two card changes and the new card (again posted by Pedro Soto):
- Shinwell: Discard 1 card, replace it, buy 1 of the clues in the line for 2 investigation markers.
- Violet: Take 1 clue from the discard pile for 2 investigation markers.
- Madame Ziba: (New character). Draw 3 clues from the clue pile. Choose 1 and place it face down in your area. Then give the remaining 2 clues to your opponent, who chooses 1 and plays it face up in his area and puts the remaining card face down under the clue pile.
I hope this helps. Enjoy the game!
Link: English Rules on BGG
Today the first part of this week’s new releases (more to follow tomorrow and and Thursday) has arrived.
New in stock are:
And available again is the Tuscany Essential Edition.
Today’s delivery has included five new games and restocks of two very good games:
The two restocks are Council of Four (Cranio Creations / from the designers of The Voyages of Marco Polo and Grand Austria Hotel) and Imhotep (new big box game from Kosmos / German edition but English rules are available on BGG)