The first week after our summer break is done: All pre-orders are now shipped, we have caught up with all our emails and now everything is back to normal.
Today we have received the first deliveries of the week with two new games and some interesting restocks.
New in stock are
It has been a very busy week with lots of deliveries and new arrivals. So without further ado the list games that have arrived:
Terraforming Mars, Clank, Barenpark and Caverna: Cave vs. Cave are the restocks we have received on Tuesday and Wednesday. And that is not all: for next week we are expecting Captain Sonar, Magic Maze and Great Western Trail back.
New arrivals are:
Here is a quick round-up of the most interesting news of the last few days:
- The English edition of The Voyages of Marco Polo will finally get a reprint and also an expansion. Both are expected for October/November. (Source)
- Caverna: Cave vs Cave, the two player version of Caverna, is expected for June. (Source)
- And staying with Caverna: in the first half 2018 the game will get an expansion (Source)
- Brass from Martin Wallace is coming back in two different editions: Brass Lancashire and Brass Birmingham. (Source)
- Mayfair Game has published a solo scenario for The Colonists. (Link)
An early arrival: Bärenpark, the new game from Lookout Games, has arrived.
Bärenpark takes you into the world of bears, challenging you to build your own bear park. Would you like another polar bear enclosure or rather a koala* house? The park visitors are sure to get hungry on their tour through the park, so build them places to eat! Whatever your choices are, make sure you get the next building permit and use your land wisely! (* No, koalas aren’t bears but they’re so cute, we couldn’t leave them out of this game!)
Today was the Award Ceremony for the Spiel des Jahres 2016.
The winner of the Spiel des Jahres (the more family friendly award) is Codenames from CGE:
In Codenames, two teams compete to see who can make contact with all of their agents first. Spymasters give one-word clues that can point to multiple words on the board. Their teammates try to guess words of the right color while avoiding those that belong to the opposing team. And everyone wants to avoid the assassin.
The winner of the Kennerspiel des Jahres (the award for the more complex gamers games) is surprisingly Isle of Skye from Lookout Games:
In the tile-laying game Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King, 2-5 players are chieftains of famous clans and want to build their little kingdoms to score as many points as possible — but in each game only four of the sixteen scoring cards will be scored.
Link: Spiel des Jahres-Website
In the last days we have added quite a few interesting new pre-orders to the online shop. Available to pre-order from now on are:
- Costa Rica (new Lookout/Mayfair Games game – release: late July)
- Cry Havoc (interesting looking strategy game from Portal / release: August)
- Bios: Genesis (Essen release 2016 from Sierra Madre Games / release: late October)
- Pax Pamir: Khyber Knives (first expansion for Pax Pamir / release: late October)
- Pax Renaissance (the third game of the Pax series / release: late October)
- Scythe (the newest hit from Stonemaier Games / release: September/October)
- Escape from Colditz (the 75th Anniversary edition from Osprey Games / release: late October)
Two new reviews have gone online:
- Animals on Board: The boys and girls from boardgaming blog Opionated Gamers had a god at this new game from Eggertspiele and have posted their written review.
Another day, another delivery with new games: Today it’s Animals on Board (Pegasus Spiele) and Oh My Goods! (Lookout Games).
We also received a restock of Mombasa, which after the success at Essen was out of print for a few months and it finally available again.
Gaming Rules! has published a video review of Grand Austria Hotel, the latest big box game from Lookout Games.
In the thick of the Viennese modern age, exquisite cafés are competing for customers. Inspiring artists, important politicians, and tourists from all over the world are populating Vienna and in need of a hotel room. This is your opportunity to turn your little café into a world famous hotel. Hire staff, fulfill the wishes of your guests, and gain the emperor’s favor. Only then will your café become the Grand Austria Hotel.
Link: Gaming Rules! video review
Today was another busy day at Meeples’ Corner with lots of new games coming in. Available now are:
The Big Book of Madness has sold out within a day, but we are expecting a restock for next week.