The new releases for this week have been confirmed and are now online and available to order.
On Tuesday/Wednesday the following games are arriving
- Cat Lady
- Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave
- Enemy Coast Ahead: The Doolittle Raid
Thursday’s releases are:
- Sheriff of Nottingham: Merry Men
- Star Wars Imperial Assault: Heart of the Empire
- Dead of Winter: Warring Colonies
And finally on Friday, we will get our hands on:
- D&D Tomb of Annihilation Board Game
- Dojo Kun
- Potion Explosion: The Fifth Ingredient
As always you can find all the new releases (and more pre-orders for the rest of the month) here.
Here is a quick round-up of the most interesting news of the last few days:
- Clank! is one the five winners of the 2017 Mensa Awards. (Source)
- Capitals is the first expansion for Between Two Cities and is expected to get released in July. (Source)
- Warring Colonies is the next expansion for Dead of Winter and will add a team-based mode (two surviving colonies are fighting each other) to the game. The release date is not known yet. (Source)
- Catalyst Game Labs will release a D&D deckbuilder called Dragonfire. The game is based on the Shadowrun: Crossfire engine. No release date yet. (Source)
Today was a busy day at Meeples’ Corner HQ. We have received three deliveries with quite a lot new games. In stock are from today:
In addition to the new games we also received restocks of the two biggest hits at the moment: Great Western Trail and Cottage Garden.
To start off another interesting week we have received a delivery with three new games:
What else is coming this week? We are expecting a restock of Great Western Trail, the Essen hit from Pegasus Spiele.
Also expected are the deliveries of:
And finally we have just received confirmation that SeaFall, the new Legacy game, has arrived in the UK and should be in stock from Thursday on.
Today we have received our first delivery of Terraforming Mars. We have got enough copies to fulfil the pre-orders, but unfortunately there are no copies left for new orders. But we have received confirmation that we will get a restock during the second week of November. And more good news: We have enough copies of the “Small Asteroid” promo card left for the restock delivery in November.
Cry Havoc will get released on Thursday at the Essen board game show and the expectation was that the game would also be available for retailers at the same time (at least that was what our suppliers told us). I’ve checked with three different suppliers yesterday and so far none of them has received any stock of Cry Havoc. One of them will talk to Portal at Essen, so hopefully next week when he is back I should know more about a possible delivery date for Cry Havoc.
The two new decks for Ashes: Rise of the Phoenix have arrived in the UK last Friday, but unfortunately the same that happened with the first two decks has happened again: Esdevium, the UK distributor, has received just a few cases of the new decks, barely enough to supply all the shops that are running the release tournaments. Because of this very limited availability Esdevium has removed the decks from general sale and are now waiting for a new delivery, which unfortunately can take a few weeks.
Here is a summary of all the new games we have received in the last two weeks:
Yesterday I’ve uploaded three very interesting games to our pre-order section of the online shop.
The first one is Dead of Winter: The Long Night, the first (stand-alone) expansion for Dead of Winter.
The second new game is Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu. It combines the classic Pandemic gameplay with the Cthulhu mythos and the fight against the Old Ones. Both games are expected to be available sometime in August/September after the Gencon.
The third and last new game is again from Plaid Hat Games: SeaFall is the third Legacy game (Risk Legacy and Pandemic Legacy are the first two), but the first really new Legacy game (not just an existing game with the the Legacy mechanism added on). Unfortunately SeaFall won’t be available before the autumn, so I’m expecting an Essen release (October).
Plaid Hat Games/Z-Man Games have presented the (non-final) cover of Dead of Winter: The Long Night at the Nuremberg Toy Fair.
It is a standalone expansion and can be combined with Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game. The release of the game is planned for Q3 2016, which I guess means a US release at the GenCon and an European release at Essen.
Links: Entry on BGG.com with more details
Today was another busy day at Meeples’ Corner with lots of new games coming in. Available now are:
The Big Book of Madness has sold out within a day, but we are expecting a restock for next week.
For Friday we are expecting the restocks of two big hitters:
- Tragedy Looper: The time travelling deduction game from ZMan Games is finally back
- Specter Ops: The SciFi-hidden movement game from Plaid Hat Games did quickly sell out after its release but will be available again before the weekend