Devon Dice has posted a new review:
Downforce has been on my radar for months after seeing a couple of reviews hit Youtube, and I have anticipated its UK release since. I was half expecting to have to wait until Essen, but it was released a couple of weeks ago I couldn’t wait to snatch it out of Christoph’s hands. So, has it lived up to my expectations like a long drawn out British Grand Prix race buildup event and excited me enough that I’m gliding over the finish-line Hamilton style? Or did it stop and fizzle out because it looked good on the outside and rubbish inside, a lot like a Mclaren car!
And Joel also posted a quick Unboxing video of Flipships, the latest release from Renegade Game Studios.
Here are some of the board game news of the last few days:
- Isle of Skye will get an expansion: Journeyman adds new personal player boards to track progress in strength, prosperity, and popularity. (Source: ICv2)
- Wizkids keeps on growing their board and card game line and has announced Time Barrons : “In Time Barons, 2-4 players take on the roles as the time barons, shadowy figures who have shaped mankind’s destiny since the dawn of time. The world’s entire population are simply pawns in their quest to defeat the other barons and become the ruler of a unified human race.” (Source: Wizkids)
- FFG has posted the rulebook for the upcoming Star Wars: Rebellion expansion Rise of the Empire (Link: FFG)
- Renegade Games has announced Clank: In Space!, a new Stand-Alone game using the game system of the highly popular Clank. (Source: Renegade Games)
A busy week comes to an end and a lot of new games are now available.
Today sees the release of The Godfather: Corleone’s Empire, the new big box game from Cool Mini Or Not designed by Eric M. Lang.
Early this week we have received more interesting new games and expansions:
We have also received a restock of Roll Player and this time in larger numbers, so we put the game back up on our website.
And good news in regards to the reprint of Cthulhu Wars: It has cleared customs and has arrived at our supplier. We will receive our delivery and will start shipping pre-orders on Wednesday.
It has been a very busy week with lots of deliveries and new arrivals. So without further ado the list games that have arrived:
Terraforming Mars, Clank, Barenpark and Caverna: Cave vs. Cave are the restocks we have received on Tuesday and Wednesday. And that is not all: for next week we are expecting Captain Sonar, Magic Maze and Great Western Trail back.
New arrivals are:
For this week we are expecting another very successful pre-order title: Unfair from CoolMiniOrNot will get released on Friday.
Other new games coming in this week are:
In restocks we are expecting A Feast for Odin, Clank! (both in small numbers, more hopefully shortly before the UK Games Expo) and In the Year of the Dragon Anniv. Edition (sold out to pre-orders, but more coming for the UK Games Expo).
As always at the beginning of the month, we are looking back to the last month to see what the bestsellers have been.
Here are the Top 5 of April (Sales):
2) Clank! (Restock)
4) Clank! Sunken Treasures
Capital was a surprise in April and despite an ugly graphic design the gameplay was a big success with our customers and we received a lot of great feedback. Yamatai is a success like all the big box releases from Days of Wonder, but this one is especially interesting for fans of Five Tribes. Clank! Sunken Treasures is the first expansion for Clank and after the success of the base game a Top 5 spot for the expansion was to be expected. Rounding up the Top 5 is Barenpark, the newest game of Cacao designer Phil Walker-Harding.
And the Top 5 Pre-Orders:
1) Caverna – Cave vs. Cave
3) Terraforming Mars: Hellas & Elysium
4) Gloomhaven (Reprint)
5) In the Year of the Dragon: 10th Anniversary
The two player version of Caverna took the top spot in the pre-order Top 5 easily. Charterstone and Terraforming Mars: Hellas & Elysium kept their Top 5 spots from last month and are still going strong. After the disappointment with the cancelled retail release of Gloomhaven 1st edition a lot of customers jumped on the chance to secure a copy of the reprint. And the Anniversary edition of In the Year of the Dragon is a game quite a few of our customers have been waiting for.
Here is a quick round-up of the most interesting news of the last few days:
- Clank! is one the five winners of the 2017 Mensa Awards. (Source)
- Capitals is the first expansion for Between Two Cities and is expected to get released in July. (Source)
- Warring Colonies is the next expansion for Dead of Winter and will add a team-based mode (two surviving colonies are fighting each other) to the game. The release date is not known yet. (Source)
- Catalyst Game Labs will release a D&D deckbuilder called Dragonfire. The game is based on the Shadowrun: Crossfire engine. No release date yet. (Source)
After two busy days, I’ve finally some time to post an update about what games have arrived this week.
There have been some very interesting restocks:
But we haven’t just received restock, there are also five new releases available from today:
We have received the confirmation about next week’s new games. Only two games will arrive on Tuesday, but they are good ones:
In addition three highly rated games/expansions are coming back:
The new releases for this week are:
In addition restocks of Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection and Churchill will arrive tomorrow.