Another busy day of unpacking and processing pre-orders is behind us. Now that the dust has settled, here a quick look at what has arrived so far:
- Age Of Towers
- Carson City – The Card Game
- Carson City: Big Box
- Iberian Rails
- Ortus Regni (includes free 3/4-player expansion)
- Piepmatz- Little Songbirds
- Skies Above the Reich (sold out to pre-orders)
- Scythe: The Rise of Fenris
- The Captain is Dead: Lockdown
For Friday we are expecting two more new releases:
We came back on Tuesday from our Summer Break to find a lot of boxes with new releases stacked up on our stock room. After getting all the pre-orders sorted and shipped, we have finally time to let you know what the new games in stock are:
- Before the Earth Explodes
- Cataclysm: A Second World War
- Choose Your Own Adventure: House of Danger
- Downforce: Danger Circuit
- Kashgar: Merchants of the Silk Road
- Kingdom Run
- Near and Far: Amber Mines
- Patchwork Express
- Portable Gaming Backpack
- Spring Meadow
- Sword & Sorcery: Arcane Portal
- Thanos Rising: Avengers Infinity War
- Ticket To Ride: New York
- Viticulture: Visit from the Rhine Valley
We have added a lot of new games to the pre-order section of our website in the last few days. Here is a selection of the five most interesting ones:
- Azul: Stained Glass Of Sintra (standalone game from the team behind Azul / ETA: October)
- Teotihuacan City of Gods (sequel to Tzolkin / ETA: October)
- Terraforming Mars: The Colonies (expansion number 4 for the bestseller Terraforming Mars / ETA: October)
- Heroes of Terrinoth (Warhammer Quest set in the world of Terrinoth / ETA: September)
- Scythe: The Rise of Fenris (adds a campaign with legacy elements to Scythe / ETA: August)
The closer we get to the end of May the quieter it gets for us because most of our customers are starting to prepare for the UK Games Expo. But we still had a good start to the month with lots of sales and newly placed pre-orders, so here is the look at last month’s Top 5.
Top 5 Sales:
- Roll Player: Monsters & Minions
- The Climbers (reprint)
- Memoir ’44: Through Jungle and Desert
Top 5 Pre-Orders:
- Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles
- My Little Scythe
- Sidereal Confluence (reprint)
- Legendary: World War Hulk
- Ticket To Ride: New York
Stonemaier Games has announced the August release of My Little Scythe:
Stonemaier Games, known for high-quality, critically acclaimed Euro-style board games, will release its first family-friendly design, My Little Scythe this summer. The game will premiere at Gen Con and release to trade on August 17.
My Little Scythe began as a fan-inspired print-and-play game using Scythe mechanics, mashed up with Hasbro’s My Little Pony. The Stonemaier edition has changed slightly (no ponies), but impressed the publisher enough to warrant a trade release.
Players in My Little Scythe each control two animal miniatures, travelling around the Kingdom of Pomme. Players are competing to earn 4 trophies from 8 possible categories, using actions on their turn to Move, Seek, or Make. The actions can increase players friendship, produce pies, power up actions, finish quests, learn spells, transport gems and apples to the castle, or even start a pie fight!
— Dice Tower News (@dicetower_news) May 2, 2018
Link: ICv2 News
Asmodee Digital has released a free Beta version of Scythe: Digital Edition on Steam (Windows only).
The Beta runs until the 2nd May and all you need to get the Steam key is to sign up for an Asmodee Digital account.
Link: Tabletop Gaming News
Scythe and Terraforming Mars have both been massively successful board games in the last couple of years. Now both of them are going digital: Asmodee Digital has confirmed the releases of Scythe and Terraforming Mars on Steam.
You haven't added #TerraformingMars to your wishlist yet? Be one of the first to try out the new app and tell us what you think about it ➤ https://t.co/UDt1MPeMSk 🚀👨🚀 #boardgame #boardgames pic.twitter.com/TTepXs3sCk
— Asmodee Digital (@AsmodeeDigital) March 7, 2018
Q2 means that we have to wait a bit for Terraforming Mars. But Scythe is much closer and the Steam Store shows a release date of Q1. And Asmodee Digital already showed gameplay of Scythe on Twitch:
You've missed our first #Stream ever on our #Twich channel? Don't worry, you can still catch it and see a preview of @scythedigitaledition here ➤ https://t.co/mp1t9LlWlX #Scythe #boardgame #boardgames pic.twitter.com/4Wg9qOuGNz
— Asmodee Digital (@AsmodeeDigital) March 8, 2018
Stonemaier Games has announced the third and final expansion for Scythe:
Scythe: The Rise of Fenris is set in the same post-apocalyptic steampunk world as the base game and earlier expansions, and is fully compatible with all previous expansions. The heart of The Rise of Fenris is an eight-part campaign that uses a number of features commonly found in “legacy” style games, including secret components in sealed tuckboxes and persistent changes to the game from scenario to scenario. Unlike a typical legacy game, however, this expansion can be completely reset and replayed. In addition, the 11 modules that make up the campaign can all be used independently or combined as players see fit, even when not playing the campaign version.
Expected release date for the expansion is August/September 2018 (Gencon release) and we will offer it for pre-orders as soon as we have the details for the UK release.
Link: ICv2 News