This week’s new releases are now all in stock:
The new releases for this week have been confirmed and are now online and available to order.
On Tuesday/Wednesday the following games are arriving
- Cat Lady
- Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave
- Enemy Coast Ahead: The Doolittle Raid
Thursday’s releases are:
- Sheriff of Nottingham: Merry Men
- Star Wars Imperial Assault: Heart of the Empire
- Dead of Winter: Warring Colonies
And finally on Friday, we will get our hands on:
- D&D Tomb of Annihilation Board Game
- Dojo Kun
- Potion Explosion: The Fifth Ingredient
As always you can find all the new releases (and more pre-orders for the rest of the month) here.
This week’s new releases are all here. New in stock are:
- Klondike Rush
- A Fake Artist goes to New York (sold out, but will be back in September)
- Mage Wars: Arena – Forcemaster
And finally available are the two expansions for Star Trek Ascendancy:
We also received the ship packs for the two expansions.
Here are some of the board game news of the last few days:
- Isle of Skye will get an expansion: Journeyman adds new personal player boards to track progress in strength, prosperity, and popularity. (Source: ICv2)
- Wizkids keeps on growing their board and card game line and has announced Time Barrons : “In Time Barons, 2-4 players take on the roles as the time barons, shadowy figures who have shaped mankind’s destiny since the dawn of time. The world’s entire population are simply pawns in their quest to defeat the other barons and become the ruler of a unified human race.” (Source: Wizkids)
- FFG has posted the rulebook for the upcoming Star Wars: Rebellion expansion Rise of the Empire (Link: FFG)
- Renegade Games has announced Clank: In Space!, a new Stand-Alone game using the game system of the highly popular Clank. (Source: Renegade Games)
Dicebot Megafun from Wizkids Games has been released today.
In the future, robots battle it out to the amusement of humans, and in DiceBot MegaFun players are the robots who must reach into the junkyard to grab dice displaying various parts and place them on their robot sheet. Each player places six parts dice onto their sheet: five in the body area and one in the head.
Then players simultaneously choose weapon cards to play, which require the parts retrieved from the junkyard. Each weapon card has a cost in parts to pay as well as speed, direction of fire and damage, and an occasional special text ability. Some weapon cards include uzis, lasers, rifles, bombs, jammers, viruses, blue shells, shields, etc. Be the first robot to win three combats!
For advanced play, each player is given a special ability activated by kill points, which are acquired by dealing the final blows to robots in combat.
Here is a quick summary of what is happening game-wise at Meeples’ Corner this week:
We have already received five new games so far. In stock are:
And we are awaiting two more new releases:
There also have been a lot of restocks. Back in stock are:
- Orleans + Invasion expansion
- Ponzi Scheme
- Viva Java
- Memoir’ 44
- Tiny Epic Galaxies
- Championship Formula Racing
Another month of a busy year so far is gone, time to see what our bestsellers of March have been:
Top 5 Sales:
- Scythe (Restock)
- Great Western Trail (Restock)
- Flamme Rouge (Restock)
- Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: Jack the Ripper & West End Adventures
Clearly, the month of the restocks with a lot of great games coming back into stock. Terraforming Mars missed a restock in March just by a few days, otherwise it would have taken the 1st spot.
Top 5 Pre-Orders:
- Terraforming Mars: Hellas & Elysium
- First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet
- The Expanse
- Cthulhu Wars (Reprint)
After the success of Terraforming Mars, it’s no wonder that the first expansion goes straight to Number 1. Out of the five, The Expanse is the biggest surprise, but I guess the success of the books and the TV show on Netflix are playing their parts. And it is a good sign that the new board game unit of Wizkids (lead by Zev Shlasinger, formerly head of Zman Games) is off to a good start.
Yesterday and today we have received three deliveries with new releases and one highly regarded restock.
Yesterday arrived have:
And today another two new games have been released:
And for everyone who is still trying to get a copy we have good news: Captain Sonar is back in stock.