I’m very sorry, that it was a bit quiet here during this week, but we were very busy trying to get all these new games out as fast as possible.
Here is a quick overview what has arrived since Monday and is now available to order:
And next week we are expecting another wave of new games, I will post an update on Monday once I have received the confirmations for all the deliveries that are on the way to us.
Another Friday, another update what game we are expecting next week. Confirmed arrivals are:
- Through the Desert (Thursday)
- A Game of Thrones: Catan – Brotherhood of the Watch (Thursday)
- Sub Terra (Wednesday)
- Nations: The Dice Game – Unrest (Monday/Tuesday)
- Clans of Caledonia
- Transatlantic (Wednesday/Thursday)
- Concordia: Aegyptus / Creta (Wednesday/Thursday)
- Rob n Run (Wednesday/Thursday)
- Arkham Noir
Not 100% confirmed yet is Queendomino, hopefully, we will hear more from the UK distributor (also about Photosynthesis) on Monday.
And there are also a few restocks coming in: Istanbul – The Dice Game, Merlin, Azul and all the Exit games.
Z-Man Games has announced a new edition of the classic dice placement game Kingsburg.
Z-Man Games is pleased to announce the upcoming release of a new edition of Kingsburg, a game of city building and courtly intrigue for two to five players!
In every game of Kingsburg, you are free to construct your province as you see fit and this definitive edition offers more choices than ever before. Containing the base game, all five modules from the To Forge a Realm expansion, and the brand-new Alternate Advisor Rewards module, you will have more options than ever before!
Z-Man Games has also published an interview with the game designer of Kingsburg Andrea Chiarvesio. He explains some of the new elements of the new edition and why in his opinion Kingsburg is still such a popular game.
Only two more weeks until Essen, time to ramp up the preparations for the busiest time of the year. A useful instrument to get a feeling for the interest in the new games presented at Essen are Youtube videos about the most anticipated games of the board game show.
I watched a few during the last couple of days and made notes which games where mentioned. The result is an aggregated Top 5 which in most parts is not very surprising:
1) Charterstone: The only game that was mentioned in every video. But not everybody is convinced that the game will work, but the combination of Legacy game and Eurogame has too much lure.
2) Nusford: After last years A Feast for Odin there are high hopes for another special Rosenberg game.
3) Altiplano: A new bag building game from the team behind Orleans? Count me in and it seems like I’m not the only one.
4) Meeple Circus (the only real surprise in the Top 5, I didn’t hear anything about this games before I started watching the videos, but I can see why people like it: stacking Meeples? What’s not to like?) and Gaia Project (Terra Mystica still has a lot of fans and the promise of a streamlined experience secures this heavyweight a Top 5 spot)
5) Clans of Caledonia (Radho called this game the Terra Mystica killer, so let’s see if Clans or the Gaia Project will be the bigger hit) and Photosynthesis (an abstract game with beautiful artwork and components which got a big boost in popularity after a pre-release at Gencon)
Honorable mentions of games that were mentioned quite often, but didn’t make the cut for the Top 5:
- Fast Forward games from Friedeman Friese / Stronghold Games
- Noria: the debut title from Sophia Wagner brought to life by Michael Menzel and Klemenz Franz
- Azul: the new game from Plan B Games
- Queendominio: the gamers’ edition of Kingdomino with more ways to score points
- Pandemic Legacy Season 2: Season 2 of the most successful Legacy game so far
- Merlin: a new Feld, enough said 🙂
FFG and Z-Man Games have posted previews for two of their highly anticipated new releases:
Welcome to the Wasteland, Survivor! Now, we know it’s a bit jarring to see your new home in such a state, but we’re here to help you come to terms with the post-nuclear journey that lays before you and figure out where to go next! For example, have you ever fought a Deathclaw?? Been irradiated before? The possibilities are truly endless, so rip up that bucket list you’ve been working on. It’s time to start fresh. For example… instead of meeting celebrities, you can now meet raiders! And with the majority of Boston in shambles, you absolutely must check out the delightful, synth-hating community of Diamond City. Isn’t the apocalypse fun?
Source: Fallout Preview
When it was released in 2015, Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 thrilled gamers around the world with its engaging gameplay and thrilling storyline. Players were swept up in a globe-spanning struggle for the survival of humanity where their choices had an immediate and lasting impact on their world.
Now, Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 is poised to continue this tradition. Maintaining the taut thrills of the original while striking off in exciting new directions, the game allows you to leave your mark like never before.
The world is a shadow of what it once was. What remains of humanity is barely hanging on as the plague continues to devastate the population. But there is still reason for hope. You have the supplies and the team to save humanity. Venture into the unknown with Pandemic Legacy: Season 2, coming soon!
Source: Pandemic Legacy Season 2 preview
Z-Man Games has announced the remake of History of the World, a classic board game that kept me busy together with Civilization during my last few school years.
Originally released in 1991, History of the World is now widely regarded as a classic thanks to its grand scale and engaging mechanics. The game covers the dawn of civilization to the twentieth century, during which you spread your empire across globe, gaining points for your conquests. Many prosperous empires will be created as the centuries pass, but only those able to weather unpredictable calamities and score the most points will have their immortal name added to the pages of history.
The remastered version of History of the World maintains the thrilling gameplay of the original while bringing the game into the modern age with a beautifully illustrated board and gorgeous new components. These elements invite you to write your own history as you take control of new empires and seek to conquer new lands.
The game has an estimated release date of December 2017.
Link: Z-Man Games announcement
Z-Man Games has published the first preview of Bastion, the cooperative tower defence game.
For centuries, the bastion has rebuffed attacks by armies of beasts, warriors, and even mages. Its mighty walls have endured without losing so much as a chip from a single stone. Yet never before has the citadel faced such a massive army, organized with one goal: utter destruction. Only the mightiest heroes can hope to defend the fortress against this evil horde.
In Bastion, the dark forces arrayed against you are more than run-of-the-mill orcs and goblins. Instead, you face an army of different creatures, from nimble scouts to stealthy spies. Each enemy makes its own unique contribution to the siege effort and presents its own challenge to the heroes who defend the fortress.
The release of the game is expected in 2-3 month (after GenCon).
Link: Z-Man Games Website
Today is release day for two new products from Z-Man Games:
Merchants & Marauders: Broadsides
Set in the Merchants & Marauders universe, Broadsides is a standalone game in which the two opposing players command pirate ships engaged in a fierce battle over a profitable sea lane. Sinking the enemy or taking out their Captain and First Mate are the only ways to seize victory and survive the day!
Tragedy Looper: Cosmic Evil
This second Tragedy Looper expansion adds a new Basic Tragedy Script, and nine scripts that take on two new Tragedy Sets: Prime Evil and Cosmic Mythology.
We have received more new games today. In stock are:
Today we have received two big deliveries with lots of new games.
In stock are: