Three new games have been released today:
This week’s new releases have been confirmed and are now available to order online.
For tomorrow we are expecting:
- Dokmus: Return of Erefel
- Dragonfire: Adventures – Sea of Swords
- Outpost: Amazon
- Raiders Of The Deep: U-Boats Of The Great War, 1914-18
- Roll Player: Monsters & Minions
Thursday is the release day for:
And tomorrow we are also expecting the reprint of Flamme Rouge.
GameNight!, the BoardGameGeek video show, has played another new game and this time it is Majesty: For the Realm, the new card game from Splendor designer Marc André.
The crown is up for grabs to whoever can build the richest domain and seize it from their rivals. It’ll take a whole kingdom’s worth of people to accomplish this monumental task. Rally your citizens, grow your power, and reign supreme in Majesty: For the Realm, a game of strategically selecting who you want to work your lands set during the Middle Ages. Each game, you recruit characters to perform jobs that generate gold for your kingdom. Some characters work better with others, opening many paths to victory. Whether you choose to be a silver-tongued monarch who rules with mercy, or an iron-fisted tyrant who crushes their rivals, the fate of the land rests with you.
Agents of Venice, the first expansion for The Voyages of Marco Polo, has been released today.
The two modules found in this box can be played on their own with the base game or together for the ultimate Marco Polo experience, but no matter how you play, new adventures await. Return to Marco Polo’s hometown of Venice and gain access to the city’s many famous bazaars or use the companions you have met during your travels to give yourself a quick boost. With new contracts, cards, five new characters, and components to add a fifth player to the game, it’s time to begin a new voyage!
Next week is the last chance for new releases to arrive. A few games have made the cut and are expecting to arrive on Tuesday/Wednesday (just in time to get them shipped before Christmas):
- Bunny Kingdom
- Dragonsgate College
- Exodus Fleet
- Flamme Rouge: Peloton (sold out)
- Kingsburg (2017 Edition)
- Majesty: For the Realm
- Mountains of Madness
- Photosynthesis (sold out)
Terraforming Mars: Venus Next will arrive after Christmas and will be ready to get shipped when we are at the office in the new year.
This means that quite a lot of games haven’t made the pre-Christmas cut and are now expected to arrive in January. Once the dust has settled and business is back to normal early January I will hopefully be able to chase some updates for most of them to get a better picture when to expect them.
I can only apologise to everyone who was hoping to play a new shiny game during the Christmas break and is now disappointed.
I’m very sorry, that it was a bit quiet here during this week, but we were very busy trying to get all these new games out as fast as possible.
Here is a quick overview what has arrived since Monday and is now available to order:
- Space Freaks
- Last Friday: Return to Camp Apache
- Sub Terra
- A Game of Thrones: Catan – Brotherhood of the Watch
- Dragonfire: Character Pack – Heroes of the Sword Coast
- Dragonfire: Wondrous Treasures
- Through the Desert
- Concordia: Aegyptus / Creta
- Rob ‘n Run
- Arkham Noir #1
And next week we are expecting another wave of new games, I will post an update on Monday once I have received the confirmations for all the deliveries that are on the way to us.
Another Friday, another update what game we are expecting next week. Confirmed arrivals are:
- Through the Desert (Thursday)
- A Game of Thrones: Catan – Brotherhood of the Watch (Thursday)
- Sub Terra (Wednesday)
- Nations: The Dice Game – Unrest (Monday/Tuesday)
- Clans of Caledonia
- Transatlantic (Wednesday/Thursday)
- Concordia: Aegyptus / Creta (Wednesday/Thursday)
- Rob n Run (Wednesday/Thursday)
- Arkham Noir
Not 100% confirmed yet is Queendomino, hopefully, we will hear more from the UK distributor (also about Photosynthesis) on Monday.
And there are also a few restocks coming in: Istanbul – The Dice Game, Merlin, Azul and all the Exit games.
Z-Man Games has announced a new edition of the classic dice placement game Kingsburg.
Z-Man Games is pleased to announce the upcoming release of a new edition of Kingsburg, a game of city building and courtly intrigue for two to five players!
In every game of Kingsburg, you are free to construct your province as you see fit and this definitive edition offers more choices than ever before. Containing the base game, all five modules from the To Forge a Realm expansion, and the brand-new Alternate Advisor Rewards module, you will have more options than ever before!
Z-Man Games has also published an interview with the game designer of Kingsburg Andrea Chiarvesio. He explains some of the new elements of the new edition and why in his opinion Kingsburg is still such a popular game.
Only two more weeks until Essen, time to ramp up the preparations for the busiest time of the year. A useful instrument to get a feeling for the interest in the new games presented at Essen are Youtube videos about the most anticipated games of the board game show.
I watched a few during the last couple of days and made notes which games where mentioned. The result is an aggregated Top 5 which in most parts is not very surprising:
1) Charterstone: The only game that was mentioned in every video. But not everybody is convinced that the game will work, but the combination of Legacy game and Eurogame has too much lure.
2) Nusford: After last years A Feast for Odin there are high hopes for another special Rosenberg game.
3) Altiplano: A new bag building game from the team behind Orleans? Count me in and it seems like I’m not the only one.
4) Meeple Circus (the only real surprise in the Top 5, I didn’t hear anything about this games before I started watching the videos, but I can see why people like it: stacking Meeples? What’s not to like?) and Gaia Project (Terra Mystica still has a lot of fans and the promise of a streamlined experience secures this heavyweight a Top 5 spot)
5) Clans of Caledonia (Radho called this game the Terra Mystica killer, so let’s see if Clans or the Gaia Project will be the bigger hit) and Photosynthesis (an abstract game with beautiful artwork and components which got a big boost in popularity after a pre-release at Gencon)
Honorable mentions of games that were mentioned quite often, but didn’t make the cut for the Top 5:
- Fast Forward games from Friedeman Friese / Stronghold Games
- Noria: the debut title from Sophia Wagner brought to life by Michael Menzel and Klemenz Franz
- Azul: the new game from Plan B Games
- Queendominio: the gamers’ edition of Kingdomino with more ways to score points
- Pandemic Legacy Season 2: Season 2 of the most successful Legacy game so far
- Merlin: a new Feld, enough said 🙂
FFG and Z-Man Games have posted previews for two of their highly anticipated new releases:
Welcome to the Wasteland, Survivor! Now, we know it’s a bit jarring to see your new home in such a state, but we’re here to help you come to terms with the post-nuclear journey that lays before you and figure out where to go next! For example, have you ever fought a Deathclaw?? Been irradiated before? The possibilities are truly endless, so rip up that bucket list you’ve been working on. It’s time to start fresh. For example… instead of meeting celebrities, you can now meet raiders! And with the majority of Boston in shambles, you absolutely must check out the delightful, synth-hating community of Diamond City. Isn’t the apocalypse fun?
When it was released in 2015, Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 thrilled gamers around the world with its engaging gameplay and thrilling storyline. Players were swept up in a globe-spanning struggle for the survival of humanity where their choices had an immediate and lasting impact on their world.
Now, Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 is poised to continue this tradition. Maintaining the taut thrills of the original while striking off in exciting new directions, the game allows you to leave your mark like never before.
The world is a shadow of what it once was. What remains of humanity is barely hanging on as the plague continues to devastate the population. But there is still reason for hope. You have the supplies and the team to save humanity. Venture into the unknown with Pandemic Legacy: Season 2, coming soon!
Source: Pandemic Legacy Season 2 preview