Today sees the releases of two new games/expansions:
This week’s new releases have been confirmed.
Later in the week, we will get:
Thanks to the bank holiday a day later than usual, but the new releases and some restocks are in.
Newly available are:
- Dokmus: Return of Erefel
- Dragonfire: Adventures – Sea of Swords
- History of the World
- Magic Maze Kids
- Okavango (new game from Michael Kiesling & Wolfgang Kramer)
- Outpost: Amazon
- Raiders Of The Deep: U-Boats Of The Great War, 1914-18 (based on The Hunters)
- Rising Sun: Paint Set (everything you need to paint those amazing minis)
- Roll Player: Monsters & Minions
- The X-Files: Conspiracy Theory – Everything is Connected
But this is not all, we also received those restocks:
We have added six new pre-orders to the shop:
- Downforce: Danger Circuit – the first expansion for Downforce, the restored racing game (ETA: August)
- Star Trek: Galactic Enterprises – a new Star Trek card game from French designer Christophe Boelinger (ETA: August)
- Starship Samurai – Plaid Hat Games new game has Samurai Mechs!!! (ETA: July/August)
- Beyond The Edge – Wizkids Games take on a legacy game in space (ETA: May)
- Taj Mahal – another reprint of a R. Knizia classic (ETA: August)
- Ice Cool 2 – expansion and stand-alone game in one (ETA: June)
Today is the release day for Pandemic Legacy: Season 2.
Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 is an epic cooperative game for 2 to 4 players. Unlike most other games, this one is working against you. What’s more, some of the actions you take in Pandemic Legacy will carry over to future games. No two worlds will ever be alike!
Like Season 1 there will be two different box designs for Season 2, but the components of the game are the same. This is meant for players who would like to run two different games at the same time.
Asmodee has posted a preview for Cities of Splendor, the upcoming expansion for Splendor:
With Cities of Splendor—a collection of four distinct expansions, each offering a unique experience—you can make your dreams of fame a reality as you outthink your opponents. No matter which expansion you choose to use, you’ll find an entirely new way to play Splendor, expanding the game’s replayability without sacrificing the elegance of the original.
And ZMan Games has announced Majesty: For the Realm, a new card game from Splendor designer Marc Andre:
In Majesty, you take on the role of a king or queen seeking to gain power during the Middle Ages. Like any good monarch, you have plenty of subjects ready to do your bidding and help your kingdom grow. Running a kingdom is no easy task and you must make the best use of your subjects and buildings if you want to succeed.
Here is a quick round-up of the most interesting news of the last few days:
- Asmodee has posted more details about the upcoming Splendor expansion Cities of Splendor (LINK)
- FFG has announced Whitehall Mystery, a new stand-alone game in the Letters from Whitechapel series (LINK)
- UK Games Expo has published the attendance numbers for 2017 (LINK)
- Z-Man Games has relaunched their website and posted a few more details about Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 (LINK)
- Wizards of the Coasts have announced Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate (LINK)
For this week we are expecting another very successful pre-order title: Unfair from CoolMiniOrNot will get released on Friday.
Other new games coming in this week are:
In restocks we are expecting A Feast for Odin, Clank! (both in small numbers, more hopefully shortly before the UK Games Expo) and In the Year of the Dragon Anniv. Edition (sold out to pre-orders, but more coming for the UK Games Expo).