In the far reaches of the vast Imperium lies the hostile desert world of Arrakis. It is a deadly place, where no drop of rain falls and the people live a sparse existence in the sweltering cities of the northern pole. But Arrakis is the most important planet in the Known Universe, for it is only here that you can find the spice melange.
The spice is everything. To some, it is a way to extend life, to others a way to see into the future. It is the key to wealth and power in the Imperium, and many of the noble Houses will stop at nothing to control it in any way they can. The cities of Arrakeen and Carthag are full of agents and spies, all looking to gain advantage for their faction and ready to kill to maintain the power of their masters. Will Arrakis be the place your characters prove the power of their House? Or will their blood be spilled on the unforgiving sands?
Sand and Dust, the 156-page sourcebook for the Dune: Adventures in the Imperium roleplaying game takes you to the desert world of Arrakis and explores the secrets of the spice. Visit the hidden sietches of the Fremen to learn the mysteries of their culture. Walk without rhythm in the deep deserts and perhaps see one of the incredible sandworms. Trade secrets with spies and agents in the bustling marketplace of Arrakeen or the alleys of Carthag. Arrakis is a planet of mystery, opportunity, and danger, and those who nderestimate it never leave.
Sand and Dust: The Arrakis Sourcebook contains:
- An overview of the planet Arrakis, known as Dune, its history and features.
- Detail on the mysterious desert Fremen and their many secrets.
- A host of new options for Fremen player characters, including new archetypes, talents, and rules for riding the great sandworms.
- An in-depth look at spice harvesting and those who try to smuggle and stockpile it secretly.
- The secrets of spice revealed, including new spice related talents and abilities.
- A gazetteer of the cities of Carthag and Arrakeen, including their layout, noteworthy landmarks, and what life is like for the people of each city.
- Expanded notes on creating your own campaigns on Arrakis, including a host of new NPCs, scenario hooks, and story seeds.
- New campaign options as smugglers, Fremen, or merchants instead of agents of a noble House.
- A complete adventure ‘The water must flow’ that involves the player characters in a deadly plot during a water shortage on Arrakis.