Another week is nearly over, time to have a look at some of the headline board game news of the last week.
We start with some news about the big board game conventions
- The UK Games Expo, the flagship event for board games in the UK, is still planning to go ahead at the end of July. But if it goes ahead, it will be on a smaller scale with only hall 2 and 3 available and the Hilton hotel closed for refurbishment. Link: UK Games Expo News
- On the other side of the Atlantic we have Gencon and they have just announced to a) move the event back to the middle of September and b) move to a hybrid format of a smaller scale in-person event in Indianapolis and GenCon Online. Link: GenCon Announcement
- But sadly, the TableTop Live which was planned for the 25th/26th September has been cancelled. Link: Announcement
Now to some news from different publishers:
- Z-Man Games has announced the end of the Euro Classics line that started back in 2010 at Fantasy Flight Games and moved later to Z-Man. Steve Kimball explains the reason behind this decision and how the market has changed in the last few years in this blog post.
- Asmodee keeps adding more publisher to an already impressive portfolio: Asmodee has bought Plan B Games including the imprint Plan B, Next Move Games, Pretzel, and Eggertspiele. Link: Dice Tower News
- Renegade Game Studios have announced a new expansion for Clank! In! Space!. Pulsarcade is adds Lord Eradikus’ collection of vintage arcade cabinets, six new modules with their own rules that provide different and new ways to steal artefacts. Link: Dice Tower News
That’s all for this week. I will be back with more news next week!